191. Cartoon: Think of your favorite cartoon or comic. Write a poem or story that takes place in that setting.
[Instead of choosing a favorite, if you know me you know that’s IMPOSSIBLE for me, I am going to write a story based on the comic I am currently reading: Trinity.]
She was the only one aware of the subtle changes happening across their reality. Rosalynn had always been hypersensitive to the frequency of the Earth’s vibrations. People were changing but unaware of it. Creatures crept through the daylight, when they were usually in nightmares. Something was wrong and she feared that not even the Justice League could stop it this time.
192. Copycat: Borrow a line from a famous public domain poem to craft your own.
“This is my burial night, for I am dead”
She pranced along the streets, among the Day of the Dead revellers
Moving amongst the alive people
But she was dead.
He ran his fingers through her hair but she couldn’t feel
He touched her cheek, attempting to wipe away her tear but alas
He was dead.
Before the dirt even topped their joint casket, the twins frolicked away from
The gathered mourners, their crying parents, there was fun to be had
Because they were dead.
193. From the Roof-tops: Imagine you could stand on a rooftop and broadcast a message to everyone below – what would you say?
LISTEN TO EACH OTHER. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ASK THEM IN AN INOFFENSIVE WAY. DO YOUR RESEARCH. HAVE AN INFORMED OPINION. YES, THERE IS SUCH A THING AS A STUPID QUESTION.
194. Time Travel: If there was a time period you could visit for a day, where would you go? Write about traveling back in time to that day.
Honestly, there are very limited time periods I would travel back to. But for a day, I think I’d like to check out a powerful and pivotal moment in history…the day JFK got shot. Not to prevent it or anything (I’m a firm believer that you literally can’t change the past, it’s immutable, set in stone.) but to observe what actually happened and see who actually fucking did it!
195. Changing Places: Imagine living the day as someone else.
I don’t know if I have a specific person in mind BUT I would LOVE to spend the day inside of a billionaire’s life. I just want to know what it’s like! I have zero desire to ever have a billion dollars but I should would love the experience of trying it out for a day. I’d definitely buy a boat or 3.